[Edit] Changes to draft made based on feedback, and changes are now live on http://www.livejournal.com/support/faq/259.html
Largely rewriting and partially repurposing this FAQ as it contains some outdated or no longer relevant information in several places.Summary of changes:
- Question changed to "How do I simplify the appearance of LiveJournal and minimize bandwidth usage?"
- Minor changes to summary
- Removed Site Settings section (only 1 site setting is still available)
- Removed ?nohtml=1 and ?format=light sections. These only partially work, and require some combination of the old site design, customized comment pages, or old friends page style in order to do anything and aren't worth including with all of the necessary exceptions outlined.
- Moved http://m.livejournal.com/ to its own section, made minor wording changes.
- Removed all references to Lynx as it requires the old site design; FAQ #186 still has a brief explanation of it.
- Styles section:
- Entirely rewrote intro section
- Removed no longer selectable styles: A Sturdy Gesture, Classic, Clean and Simple, Magazine, Variable Flow.
- Minor wording changes in ?style=mine section
- Minor wording changes to Filters section
- Off-site section - minor wording changes, Removed references to deleted FAQs from off-site section
Note: FAQ #290 is referenced in the Off-Site section even though it isn't currently the correct FAQ to use. FAQ #290 is also going to be re-written soon to be a more general FAQ about LiveJournal mobile apps & downloadable software.( Collapse )( Collapse )