Most of the time that this FAQ gets used in support is when people are having problems with the "bad password: it is based on a dictionary word" message. Although the FAQ does mention how to make a good password in the second point in the list, I think that it should be made more prominent. So, I'm thinking something like the following should replace the top part of the FAQ (before the * divider):
LiveJournal does not allow you to use a password that is based on a dictionary word for your account. This is because many password-guessing programs will guess dictionary-based passwords much more quickly than passwords that are more secure. Your password cannot be based on your username or e-mail address either. There is no way to get around these password restrictions.
Here are some tips that you should use when choosing a password:
* Use a combination of lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
* If you think that you will have trouble remembering your password, try to think of a memorable sentence and base the password off the first letter of each word in the sentence.
* Use a password that is made up of multiple words or phrases. It does not have to be just one word.
* Do not use a password that is based on available information about you, such as your name, birthdate, or a pet's name.
* Avoid using the same password that you use on any of your other Internet accounts.
Never share your password with anybody else. Never share it with any person or entity claiming to be affiliated with LiveJournal. LiveJournal will never initiate contact to ask for your password or to request that you log in due to account inactivity.
See http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=18 for instructions on how to change your password. If you have forgotten your password, see http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=17 for instructions on how to retrieve it.
Additionally, I think that a link to FAQ #135: What are the options when I log in? should be added after the first sentence in the first point in the second part of FAQ #71:
* If you are using a computer that other people can access, your login should be set to expire when your browser closes (http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=135).
And, lastly, I'm thinking that the title of the FAQ should be changed slightly. Maybe something like How do I choose a secure password? How do I prevent other people from logging into my account?.
Thoughts on all of this? I'm hoping that this will help compliment the changes made for this bug.