- FAQ 193 states: "You can only use the add-on userpic space for the length of your Paid Account. If your paid account expires before your add-on userpic space time expires, your userpics will be deactivated, but they will be available when you choose to pay for your account again."
That's not a very clear description of what actually happens. What happens is the system saves the number of days remaining and "freezes" them. Then, when they renew their paid account those exact number of days are credited. So, when they renew they get the full time they had remaining when it expires. People keep thinking the clock's still ticking down and they'll have them if they renew before the original expiration date.
Suggest change to: "You can only use the add-on userpic space for the length of your Paid Account. If your paid account expires before your add-on userpic space time expires, your userpics will be deactivated, but the number of days remaining before your add-on expires are saved and they will be available when you choose to pay for your account again."
- FAQ 114 should link to FAQ 193 in further reading.
- FAQ 114 really needs a hard scrubbing. It's difficult to read through and find things in its current form. Users are usually interested in a specific one or two features when their paid time expires and it's very hard to find info on a specific feature. This FAQ would be much more effective as a bulleted list:
- Custom Mood Themes: blah blah blah
- S1 Style System:blah blah blah
FAQ 114 & FAQ 193
A question for english-speaking colleagues: Several FAQs refer to "Rich text editor" as opposed to HTML editor, whereas in the interface it is…
LiveJournal has tree popularity-based features: [[gmlitem:/statistics/index.bml.ratings.u
http://www.livejournal.com/support/faq/375.html Every LiveJournal user can customize the popular entries rating, which is displayed on the main…