Mobile portion of FAQ
Short, concise description of the idea
I've seen a lot of requests on the support board concerning mobile features, mobile posting, and so on. If this is such a common issue, why not have a specific category in the FAQ devoted to mobile involvement with Livejournal?
Full description of the idea
Like stated above, many support requests have come in for help with mobile devices and using LJ, mobile posting, voice posting, problems with commenting/reading entries, etc especially dealing with the Sidekick/Hiptop and Blackberry devices. More and more people are purchasing these kind of cell phones, and with that the number of people who access LJ from mobile phones increases. Everything has a specific category in the FAQ; a place where people can go to quickly find answers. So, why not have one for mobile phones? Make categories for the most common devices, such as Sidekicks/Hiptops, Blackberrys, and Treos and, if the need for support for other devices increases, add those as well.
An ordered list of benefits
- Support board won't be flooded with so many of the same requests for help with the same issues on mobile phones
- People can quickly find help for problems concerning their device and LJ
- Support help will have a place to go for answers when they're not sure of how the device works
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Not everyone uses the same device (of course)
- Different devices operate on different systems/browsers, so you'd need a part of the FAQ for each one of the better-known/more widely used ones
- People writing the FAQ for a device would have to have had/used that specific device
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I could assist in writing the FAQ for the Sidekick/Hiptop (I own one)
- The only thing that would really need to be added to is the FAQ, so there wouldn't be too much to change around