ARRRRGH. We need a new FAQ. Entries has tons of embedding/!video questions that really could and should be answered by a FAQ. Especially since the whole "whitelist lj-toys" bit isn't in any of the FAQs, anywhere, and since the !images FAQ doesn't seem to relate at all.
What to do:
Create a companion FAQ to sorta/kinda mirror FAQ #130 [http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=130&view=full], "Why don't my images display? What is remote loading?" It'd go in the Troubleshooting category, of course. You could call it something like "Why don't my videos display? How can I see embedded content?"
- - -
Points to cover:
* If you are posting the embedded content, make sure that you are using the embedding techniques provided in FAQ #268 (linky to [http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=268&view=full]).
* Ensure that you do not have video placeholders enabled for your account. You can change this setting in the "Viewing Options" section of [http://www.livejournal.com/manage/settings/].
* Make sure that both livejournal.com and lj-toys.com are listed as trusted sites in your browser.
* Check to see whether livejournal.com and lj-toys.com are listed as trusted sites in any security software that you may have installed.
* Temporarily disable any advertisement blocking or other content-blocking plugins you may have installed.
After doing these things, you may need to clear your browser cache in order to see an updated version of the page in question. (linky to [http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=160&view=full].)
- - -
What to do once it's live:
Link to the new FAQ from FAQ #268 [http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=268&view=full], "How do I add videos and other media to my entries?" in the Entries category.
Announce the new FAQ all over the place.