We have three FAQ categories covering customization: Customization itself, Style System 1, and Style System 2. With S1 becoming more and more deprecated and unsupported, I'd like to do the following:
- Rename the Customization category to Journal Customization;
- Move all S2 FAQs into Journal Customization;
- Rename the Style System 1 category to Journal Customization - Old Style System or similar; and
- Split off advanced topics to an Advanced Journal Customization category.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with the FAQ listing as I see it:
- How do I customize the look of my journal or community?
- What can I easily customize? (Replaces the stricken FAQs in this section...)
How do I change what my comment links say? How do I change the number of journal entries per page?
- How do I change the font used for my entire journal?
- How do I add a background image?
How do I add a title and subtitle to my journal?
- How do I add a counter and track visitors to my journal?
How do I edit my journal's "Blurb" or "About This Journal" free text area? How do I add or edit a Link List?
- How do I change the appearance of my comment pages or other users' comment pages?
- How do I see community userpics on my Friends page?
- Why can't I use certain styles or customization options?
- Which options are supported by each public S2 layout?
Advanced Journal Customization
- What are the common customizations?
- How do I add background music to my journal?
- How do I create a custom style from scratch?
- What are the different style layer types?
- How do I embed my LiveJournal into my website?
- Where can I learn more about advanced customization?
Customization in the Old Style System (S1)
- What is the old style system? How do I switch my journal to or from it?
- How do I customize my journal using S1?
- What are overrides? How do they work?
- How do I add a background image in S1?
- Where can I learn more about S1 customization?
- Why won't my overrides work?
- I tried to customize my journal using overrides and now it won't display. Why?
- How do I create a custom S1 style?
- What are the common S1 customizations?
Thoughts please? In my next post, I'll cover what needs to happen with the Journal Customization FAQs.