FAQ 24: How do I control who can read my journal entries? How do I view only those entries with a certain security level?
Filtering by Security Levels
If you have a Paid or Permanent account, anyone viewing your journal can filter your entries according to security levels. You can also choose to view only those entries with a particular security level in any journal you view.
You can filter entries by security level by using a URL in the format of http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/security/securitylevel, replacing exampleusername with the username of the journal you are viewing, and securitylevel with the appropriate security level. A list of the security levels you can use are as follows:
- Public: http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/security/public
- Friends-only: http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/security/friends
- Private: http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/security/private
- Custom: http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/security/group:groupname, replacing groupname with the appropriate name of the custom friends group
This feature should probably be added to FAQ 131: What are the Paid Account benefits? as well (near the "Access to your Friends of Friends list (http://afuna.livejournal.com/friendsfriends/);" bullet point?):
- Ability to filter entries according to security when viewing your journal, as well as when viewing other journals.
The wording there could be better. I'm worried that it implies that you can't use security levels when posting your entry; can't figure out how to emphasize the filtering by viewing without making it awkward.