LiveJournal Features & Navigation (formerly Site Nav)
- 186. How do I change the appearance of the main LiveJournal pages?
- 132. How do I view LiveJournal in a different language?
- 259. How do I use LiveJournal with my cell phone, dial-up connection, or screenreader?
- 285. What is the Explore LJ page?
- 298. How can I see which other users have visited my journal? What is the My Guests feature?
- 86. What is the "to-do list" feature?
- 277. How do I enable or disable image previews on links?
- 74. What is the "Express Lane"? What benefit does it offer?
Communication & Notifications (new cat)
- 270. How do I communicate with other LiveJournal users? What is LJ Talk? (from site-nav)
- 294. What is LiveJournal Messenger? How do I use it? (from site-nav)
- 113. How does my LiveJournal email address work? (from levels)
- 30. How can people send me text messages through LiveJournal? (from mobile)
- 202. How do I find people on LiveJournal? (from site-nav)
- 123. What is the Directory? (from levels)
- 291. What is the "Find Your Friends" feature? Can I search for my email contacts on LiveJournal? (from site-nav)
- 60. What is the "interests" feature? How do I add or remove interests? (from site-nav)
- 249. What is the Schools Directory? How do I find and add my school? (from site-nav)
- 272. How do I subscribe to events on LiveJournal and receive notifications? How do I unsubscribe from events? (from site-nav)
Actually, I'd be in favor of hiding 271 since it's old and deprecated. (ETA: Done!)
I also found some other FAQs that could benefit from moving categories:
- 135. What are my login options? (from site-nav)
- 159. How do I view and expire my browser sessions? What is the "Expire All My Sessions" option? (from site-nav)
Logging in and managing sessions have more to do with your account than they do navigating the site, and they're not really a feature.
Into Mobile Access
- 280. What is LJ Mobile? How do I download and install it? (from clients)
- 290. What is LiveJournal.app? How do I install it and set it up on my iPhone or iPod Touch? (from clients)
Both of these are in fact clients, but since they're only available from mobile phones, they fit better into mobile access.
Into Journal Entries
- 47. What is the "Memories" feature? (from site-nav)
- 70. What is the "Calendar/Archive" feature? (from site-nav)
Memories are specific to journal entries only, and it makes little sense to have Memories in a different faqcat than Tags. Calendar/Archive also is entirely about displaying journal entries.
Into Working with Other Sites
- 279. How do I update my Facebook profile when I post entries to LiveJournal? (from entries)
- upcoming Myspace FAQ
FAQs specifically about working with other sites should go into Working with Other Sites. Specifically, these FAQs are about what happens on another site after you post an entry, not posting an entry on LJ themselves.
Thoughts? We're looking to do this by Friday, so please respond by then :)
Edit: Have re-arranged some of the FAQs based on what we actually did. Hid 271, moved 264.
Into Journal Customization